The Linux Users Group at Georgia Tech
The LUG@GT is a group of Georgia Tech students, alumni, and Atlanta-area Linux users who aim to promote the adoption of Linux and other free operating systems. We hold presentations on Linux-related topics most Wednesday evenings and hold two Linux InstallFests per semester. Our stated purposes are to (from the LUG@GT constitution)
- Support new and old Linux operating system users at Tech.
- Provide a forum for getting support on Linux questions.
- Help new users install their own copies of Linux, in their own way.
- Increase awareness of the Linux operating system to the Georgia Tech community.
The Linux Users Group will be hosting the following upcoming presentations:
- As of 2018, our meetings are held in Klaus 2447 at 6:00pm on Wednesdays.
January 24th 2018 – PGP Keysigning Party/Meeting
January 31st 2018 – Operating System Development Presentation (Linux from Scratch and more)
February 7th 2018 – Intro to Linux and Printing from Linux@ Gatech
February 14th 2018 – Meltdown and Spectre Presentation
February 21st 2018 – Qutebrowser Presentation
Our next InstallFest is Sunday, February 4 from 12-4PM!
For more info about our InstallFests including how to get there, visit the InstallFests page.