The Linux Users Group at Georgia Tech
The LUG@GT is a group of Georgia Tech students, alumni, and Atlanta-area Linux users who aim to promote the adoption of Linux and other free operating systems. We hold presentations on Linux-related topics most Wednesday evenings and hold two Linux InstallFests per semester. Our stated purposes are to (from the LUG@GT constitution)
- Support new and old Linux operating system users at Tech.
- Provide a forum for getting support on Linux questions.
- Help new users install their own copies of Linux, in their own way.
- Increase awareness of the Linux operating system to the Georgia Tech community.
The Linux Users Group will be hosting the following upcoming presentations:
- September 2nd – Rebecca Black OS
- September 9th – Docker
- September 16th – Chrome OS Performance by Google Developer and GT Alumni Sonny Rao
- September 23rd – Vim
- September 30th – Ceph
For more info about our meetings including how to get there, visit the Events page.
For more info about our InstallFests including how to get there, visit the InstallFests page.